Beef in Oyster Sauce
|Lean beef steak||12 Ounce, cut into 2 inch slices (350 Grams)|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter)|
|Oyster sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cornflour||1 Teaspoon, blended with 1 teaspoon water (For Garnish)|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1. In a bowl put the beef add the soy sauce, sherry or rice wine and cornflour and let it marinade for 20 minutes.
2. In a wok heat oil until it is very hot and almost smoking, add the beef slices and stir fry.
3. Remove and drain.
4. Wipe the wok and re-heat it over high heat and add the chicken stock and oyster sauce.
5. Boil this liquid, add the cornflour mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Put in the beef and coat all the slices thoroughly with the sauce.
7. On a serving platter turn the mixture, garnish with the spring onions and serve hot.
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.5%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg24.2%
Sodium 878 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 39 g77.2%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet