|Lean ground pork||2 Pound|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in unsweetened pineapple juice||13 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Green peppers||2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Canned sliced water chestnuts||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large frying pan, lightly brown ground pork and drain fat.
2) Season it with salt. Keep aside.
3) In a bowl, mix corn starch and ginger, add water and mix it with meat.
4) Add reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, and garlic into meat.
5) Now cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in between.
6) Add pineapple, green peppers, water chestnuts, and onion. Cover the pan and cook until vegetables are tender crisp.
7) Serve Oriental Pork with vegetables on rice.
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.3 mg32.8%
Sodium 1091.6 mg45.5%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.8%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 71.3%
Calcium 48.7% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet