Malaysian Scallops And Shrimp
|Sea scallops||1 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, shelled, deveined & tails left intact|
|Soy sauce||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Lime peel||4 Teaspoon, finely slivered|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Dijon style mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large bowl to place scallops and shrimp in it.
2) Take another bowl and stir together lime peel and juice, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, black pepper, green onion and oil in it.
3) Pour the prepared mixture over scallops and shrimp.
4) Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
5) Prepare the grill and ensure that the coals are hot.
6) Thread 6 skewers of large size, alternating scallops and shrimp.
7) Brush threaded scallops and shrimp with marinade.
8) Brush grill rack with vegetable oil and grill skewers, uncovered, over high heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and scallops are springy to touch.
9) Place the cooked scallops and shrimp on individual platters and serve immediately!