Oriental Chicken And Water Chestnuts
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, cored, seeded & cut into thin slices|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound, cleaned & strings removed|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||24 Ounce (4 In Number, 6 Ounce Each)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Oriental sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root||1⁄2 Teaspoon, peeled and grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 500° F.
2) Take regular weight aluminum foil and tear off four 14 x 12 inch sheets from it. Oil lower half of the sheet with vegetable oil.
3) On the oiled portion of each sheet, place 1/8 red pepper, water chestnuts, green onion and snow peas. Top with chicken breasts and sprinkle all remaining vegetables.
4) Take a small bowl and stir together Oriental sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in it. Spoon out the mixture all over vegetables and chicken.
5) Fold upper half of foil over ingredients, making sure to match the upper and lower edges evenly to secure the filling. Turn up long double edge of foil in order to create a 1/2 inch double fold and then fold over again. Fold the other two shorter sides in the same way, sealing the packet completely.
6) Place two baking sheets in the pre-heated oven for 2 minutes. Place foil packets in a single layer on the baking sheets.
7) Bake packets in the oven for about 12 minutes.
8) Place each packet on a serving platter and cur an -€˜X-€™ shape from corner to corner at the top of each packet. Fold back edges and serve right away with cooked rice, if desired.