Oriental Stir Fried Shrimp
|Dry sherry/Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh ginger root/2 teaspoon ground ginger||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Frozen vegetable||16 Ounce (Green Giant American Mixtures Manhattan Style, 1 Package)|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, shelled & deveined|
|Almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Hot cooked rice||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Take a small bowl and combine together water, sherry, cornstarch, gingerroot and soy sauce in it. Set aside.
2) Take a large wok or skillet and heat oil in it over medium-high flame.
3) Add green onions, garlic and vegetables.
4) Stir and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the vegetables turn tender-crisp.
5) Add the cornstarch mixture along with almonds and shrimp.
6) Cook for another 4-6 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and mixture begins to thicken.
7) Pour the shrimp mixture over hot cooked rice and serve immediately.
Calories 472 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg57.5%
Sodium 744.3 mg31%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 32 g64.9%
Vitamin A 126.4% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 35.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet