Oriental Steak Broil
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 no.)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Aniseed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1) Using a fork, pierce the steak all over and arrange in a pan.
2) In a bowl, mix lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, aniseed and pepper pour over the steak.
3) Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours, turning the steak several times.
4) When ready to broil, remove steak from the marinade and place on the rack in the broiler pan.
5) Broil as per the range manufacturer's directions, 3 to 4 minutes, then turn.
6) Brush with marinade and broil 3 to 4 minutes longer for rare, or till the steak is done as desired.
7) Place on a cutting board and carve diagonally into slices of 1/2-inch-thickness.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1111 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 15 g75.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180 mg60%
Sodium 4780.3 mg199.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 140 g279.3%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 37.5%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 36.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet