Mongolian Hot Pot
|Sirloin steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut it in 1 inch thick pieces (1 slice)|
|Chicken breast||24 Ounce (2 whole ones, about 12 ounces each)|
|Yellow squash||1 Small|
|Fresh spinach||1⁄4 Pound|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Peanut dip||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy dip||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned chicken broth||28 Ounce (2 cans, about 14 ounces each)|
1. Cut the steak diagonally into ¼ inch thick pieces, and chop into bite-sized pieces (Sprinkle some unseasoned meat tenderizer to soften the meat before arranging it on a tray).
2. Separate skin and bones from chicken breasts; slice the chicken in the same manner as steak. Arrange meats on plates and cover them loosely. Chill the meat until the cooking time.
3. Clean vegetables by washing them. Pare eggplant and quarter them in lengthwise manner and thinly slice them in crescents. Trim the ends of squash, and cut it into 2-inch-long sticks. Trim spinach stems, and pick the small and tender leaves.
4. Take separate bowl or plastic bags and add each vegetable into it along with mushrooms. Wash, trim and slice mushrooms to avoid darkening. )
5. Take a flat tray and arrange vegetables, steak and chicken atleast ½ an hour before serving. Take small bowls and add soy dip, peanut dip and hot-hot sauce in it and chill after lightly covering the tray.
6. Take a cooker and pour chicken broth into it. (Use a hot chafing dish or electric skillet to keep the broth from simmering or use an Oriental charcoal -burning cooker. Simmer the cooker, following manufacturer-€™s directions).
7. While serving, place the cooker on tray with vegetables and meats, or beside the tray on table. Hand out chopsticks or a long -handle to guests and pick out the vegetables and meats of choice and cook them in simmering broth. Dip the vegetables and meats in sauces. It will take a minute or 2 to cook the chicken and steak strips, and it will take less time for the vegetables to cook.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119.1 mg39.7%
Sodium 1631.7 mg68%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.2%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 58 g115.8%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 25.3%
Calcium 8% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet