Korean Pan Grilled Dduk Galbi
|Low fat beef||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Pork shoulder||1⁄2 Pound, ground|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Rice cake balls||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green bell pepper||1 (0.25 In Thick)|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Yellow bell pepper||1|
|Shiitake mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced and soaked in water|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Granulated garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Onion||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pear juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground meats.
2. Scramble and add the tofu into it. Extra firm tofu would be ideal for the dish.
3. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and black pepper over it.
4. Break two eggs into the bowl one by one.
5. Mix all the ingredients with hands and keep it on the dry side.
6. Add flour into the mixture to keep it dry.
7. Prepare the galbi patties similar to burger patties.
8. Stuff the patty into the cut rings of bell pepper.
9. Heat the skillet on medium high for about a minute to pan-grill the patties.
10. Drizzle some olive oil on the pan and add the patties when hot enough.
11. Pan-grill the patties for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for additional 2-3 minutes.
12. Drizzle some kalbi sauce over them.
13. Squeeze few rice balls into the patties.
14. Put some shiitake mushrooms on top.
15. Cover with a lid for sometime.
16. Place the patties in a plate and garnish with chopped bell pepper and additional galbi sauce.
Calories 952 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.4%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 190.9 mg63.6%
Sodium 2565.7 mg106.9%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.3%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 41 g81.7%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 294.6%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 42.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet