Spicy Chili Bread
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot pepper powder/Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green hot pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
1. Combine ½ cup of lukewarm milk, ½ cup lukewarm water, 21/4 cups of active yeast in a large mixing bowl. Stir gently and leave it at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
2. Add 3 ¼ cups of all purpose flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp butter and mix well. Knead a dough for several minutes and transfer the dough into a different bowl.
3. Spray some cooking oil into a bowl, transfer the dough into it and loosely cover the bowl with a plastic sheet and let it sit in a warm place for 35 minutes until the dough rises.
4. Meanwhile, brown 1 lb of ground beef in medium low.
5. Once the beef has browned, add chopped onions, garlic, green bell pepper, chili powder, black pepper, salt and tomato sauce and fry for about 5 minutes on medium high.
6. Divide the beef mixture into halves and keep aside.
7. Divide the dough into halves and keep aside.
8. Take a portion of the dough and roll in 9 X 13 inches rectangle.
9. Place half of the filling on the center of the rolled dough in about 3 X 10 inch shape. Spread the beef evenly.
10. Add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
11. Cut the uncovered sides of the dough into half inch strips.
12. Fold the strips around the beef and weave them together at the top.
13. Take an egg yolk in a bowl and beat well.
14. Brush the egg yolk on the surface of the bread dough.
15. Bake the chili bread for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
16. Remove from oven and let it cool before slicing. Enjoy!