Kikko Lamb Kabobs
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Kikkoman Brand)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lamb shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 2-inch cubes|
1. In a large non-reactive bowl, place the lamb cubes.
2. In a cup or small bowl, blend the vinegar, soy sauce, oil and seasonings. Stir to amalgamate.
3. Pour the marinade over the meat and toss it to coat well.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate to allow the meat to marinate for at least 2 to 3 hours or overnight, tossing the meat occasionally to keep it coated with the marinade.
5. Prepare a barbecue grill or preheat the broiler.
6. Drain the marinade into a saucepan and set aside.
7. Skewer the meat onto 12 seasoned wooden skewers or on metal ones,
8. Glaze the lamb with the marinade, using a pastry brush for the same.
9. Grill or broil the kabobs for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning them occasionally while cooking and brushing them frequently with the sauce.
10. Allow the meat to be cooked until tender, slightly charred outside but nice and pink inside.
11. Heat the remaining marinade and thicken to a sauce.
12. Serve the Kikko Lamb Kabobs with the sauce.
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 258
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.2%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.5 mg26.8%
Sodium 668.8 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.63%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 11.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet