Spicy Bee With Thai Jasmine Rice And Crispy Noodles
|Lean rump steak||8 Ounce|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Thai jasmine rice||5 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Bean thread noodles||1 Ounce|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Into a bowl, slice the beef into thin strips and put in a bowl with the soy sauce, sherry, hoisin sauce and corn flour. Mix well and set aside.
2. In a pan of hot boiling water, cook the jasmine rice, until tender .
3. Cut the broccoli into very small florets. Cut the pepper in half, remove the core and seeds and very thinly slice the flesh.
4. In a wok, heat oil to fry, add the noodles and cook for 1 minute until puffed up and white. Using a slotted spoon, remove from the wok and drain on kitchen paper. Remove the wok from the heat and allow to cool.
5. In a pan, to make sauce add oil, dry sherry, soy sauce, honey, hot chili sauce and stir together.
6. Drain the oil from the wok into a large bowl or jug, leaving a thin coating in the wok.
7. Return the wok to a high heat, add beef and stir-fry for 1 minute until sealed on all sides.
8. Add broccoli and pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in the chopped coriander.
9. Divide the cooked rice between two warmed serving plates and spoon the spicy beef mixture over it.
10. Top with the crispy noodles and serve at once.