Teriyaki Lamb Kabobs
|Boneless lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Zucchini||2 , washed and cut into 6 pieces each|
|Mushrooms||12 , wiped and stemmed|
1. In a large non-reactive bowl, place the lamb cubes.
2. In a cup or small bowl, blend the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, and spices. Stir to amalgamate.
3. Pour the marinade over the meat and toss it to coat well.
4. Cover the bowl and refrigerate and allow the meat to marinate for 6 hours or overnight, tossing the meat occasionally to keep it coated with the marinade.
5. Prepare a barbecue grill or preheat the broiler.
6. Drain the marinade into a saucepan and set aside.
7. Skewer the meat onto 12 seasoned wooden skewers or on metal ones, alternating with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms and pineapple chunks each.
8. Glaze the lamb and vegetables with the marinade, using a pastry brush for the same.
9. Grill or broil the kabobs for about 15 to 20 minutes, turning them occasionally while cooking and brushing them frequently with the sauce.
10. Allow the meat to be cooked until tender, slightly charred outside but nice and pink inside.
11. Heat the remaining marinade and thicken to a sauce.
12. Serve the Teriyaki Lamb Kabobs with sauce, over hot pilaf.