Lamb Shish Kabobs
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Boneless lamb||3 Pound, cut in 2-inch cubes|
|Green peppers||4 Medium|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, quartered|
1) In a bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients and add lamb cubes to it. Stir nicely to coat.
2) Let the lamb marinate for 2 days. Keep turning.
3) Make cups of the onions by peeling and quartering them, then removing the centre pieces.
4) Carve oval in the green peppers by cutting of sides.
5) In four 12-inch skewers alternately thread pieces of onion, lamb, green pepper, and tomato.
6) Now, coat the kabobs on the skewers with marinade and broil about 4 inches away from heat for 15 minutes. Keep turning and brushing until done.
7) Serve the lamb shish kabobs with mint and coriander dip.