Blanche takes a new spin on a classic Middle Eastern holiday favorite, K'akha bi ajwa, otherwise known as Mahmoul or date cakes. She pairs dates with crispy wonton skins and walnuts for added crunch, then sprinkles cinnamon and icing sugar on top to round out the sweetness.
1 Cup (16 tbs), pitted
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)
1 Small, beaten
1. Process the dates until chopped, add walnuts and give it a good pulse.
2. Once done make small round balls and place it on the wonton wrapper.
3. Brush the edges with egg wash and fold it into a pocket.
4. Preheat cooking oil in a frying pan.
5. Fry the fritters until golden brown.
6. Once done remove on paper towel and sprinkle powdered sugar and cinnamon powder.