Oriental Skillet Supper
Bias-cut celery slices - 2/3 cup
Crisco - 2 tablespoons
Tenderized pork cutlets - 2 large or 4 small , cut in 1/4-inch strips
Cold water - 2/3 cup
Soy sauce - 2 tablespoons
Cornstarch - 4 teaspoons
Sugar - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Medium tomatoes - 2 , peeled and cut in wedges
Hot cooked rice - 2 cups
Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
1. In a large skillet, heat the Crisco till melted.
2. Add the green pepper and the celery to the hot oil and sautÃ© till crisp and tender. Remove and set aside
3. Add meat to the hot pan and brown quickly.
4. Mix the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, sugar and salt and add to the skillet. Cook this mixture till it begins thick and bubbles
5. Add the celery, green pepper and tomatoes to the pan and cook through.
6. Prepare ginger rice by steaming it and then tossing it with ginger slivers. Add extra soy sauce if required
7. Serve the meat and vegetables over ginger rice.