Active dry yeast - 2 packages
Milk - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Crisco - 1/4 cup
Salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Egg - 1
Crisco - as needed, for deep frying
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix 2 cups flour and yeast.
2. In a saucepan, mix milk, sugar, 1/4 cup Crisco and salt; heat and stir until just warm to melt Crisco.
3. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and add eggs.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat at low speed for ½ minute; constantly scrape sides to blend well.
5. Then, increase speed to high and beat for 3 more minutes.
6. Gradually add remaining flour and mix with hands to make a soft dough.
7. On a lightly floured surface,, knead the dough for about 8 minutes until smooth.
8. In a greased bowl, place the dough and turn once to grease surface.
9. Cover dough and let stand for 1 to 1 ½ hours until it rises to double in size.
10. Punch down dough and let sit for 10 more minutes.
11. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness to 12x9 inch rectangle.
12. Crosswise cut dough two halves and then cut each piece into twelve 9x1/2-inch strips.
13. Starting from the longer side, roll each strip and then twist to give a cruller shape.
14. Cover and let stand for 45 minutes to rise.
15. In a skillet, heat Crisco to 375° Fahrenheit and deep fry crullers for about 2 minute on each side.
16. Drain over paper towels and immediately Brush with Confectioner-€™s Sugar Glaze.
17. Serve warm Crullers or store in airtight jars.