Saucy Beef Kabobs
Dry red wine - 1/2 cup
Garlic - 1 medium clove, minced
Basil - 1/8 teaspoon, crushed
Butter or margarine - 1 tablespoon
Condensed golden mushroom soup - 1 can (10 3/4 ounces)
Ketchup - 1/4 cup
Green pepper - 12
Cherry tomatoes - 12
Salad oil - 2 tablespoons
1) Take a deep bowl and combine meat and wine. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain, keeping wine aside.
2) Take a saucepan and melt butter in it. Cook garlic and basil and then stir in soup, ketchup and wine. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) In the meanwhile, make an arrangement on 4 skewers in the following order: beef, pepper and tomatoes.
4) Brush lightly with oil and place on a grill 4 inches above glowing coals. Cook for 12 to 18 minutes, turning and brushing frequently with sauce.
5) Heat the remaining sauce and serve over kabobs.