Soy Sauce- 1/3 cup
Dry Sherry- 2 tablespoons
Brown Sugar- 2 tablespoons
Ground Ginger- 1 teaspoon or Fresh Gingerroot- 2 slices
Garlic- 1 clove, minced
Cornstarch- 2 tablespoons, stirred until smooth in, 2 tablespoons cold water
Almonds- 1/4 cup, slivered
1) In a slow cooker, place the chicken.
2) In a bowl, mix together, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, ginger and garlic.
3) Spoon the sherry mixture over the chicken.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 8 hours.
5) Take the chicken out of the cooker.
6) Measure 1 cup of cooking liquid.
7) In a saucepan, stir together cooking liquid with cornstarch mixture.
8) Heat the cornstarch mixture to a boil and simmer until thickened.
9) Heat the cornstarch mixture to a boil and simmer, stirring continuously until thickened.
10) Serve the chicken hot topped with sauce and garnish with almonds.