1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Soaked in brine and brine discarded)
Crushed red pepper
1 Clove (5 gm), minced
2 , minced
1. Roughly chop the cabbage and rinse it well.
2. In a large bowl, take the cabbage. Add half a cup of kosher salt to it and mix well. After five minutes, you will see how much the shredded cabbage has reduced in size and released liquid.
3. Transfer the cabbage and liquid in a clean container.
4. Add a quart of water to the cabbage and stir well.
5. Cover the mouth of the container with a paper towel and then secure it with a rubber band.
6. Allow it to sit for one whole day.
7. Drain the water out of the cabbage and rinse it really well.
8. In a bowl, take the hot red pepper, paprika, 1 clove of finely minced garlic, scallions and 1 teaspoon of finely minced ginger. Mix and mash well to create a paste.
9. Add this mixture to brined cabbage and mix well.
10. Cover it and refrigerate it for 3 days until wholly fermented.
Delicious and fiery, Kimchi is a Korean staple that is easy to make at home. A Step-by-Step guide to making homemade kimchi has been presented in the video here. It's a healthy, tasty, and refreshing snack and side dish. Go ahead, try making this at home and treat your taste buds to oriental magic.