|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 Small, slightly beaten|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Pineapple chunks in pineapple juice||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce, condensed (1 Can)|
|Water chestnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grounded|
|Green pepper||To Taste, diced|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drain canned pineapple chunks by preserving its juice.
2. In a bowl, combine bread cubes, beef, onion, egg, salt and 1/8 tsp allspice.
3. Roll ground beef mixture into balls by placing it around 16 pineapple chunks.
4. In a skillet, melt shortening and brown meatballs. Strain off fat.
5. Add broth, water chestnuts, ¼ cup pineapple juice, allspice and remaining pineapple chunks into the meat mixture and cook over low heat until the meat gets cooked. Stir mixture at occasional intervals during the cooking time.
6. In a bowl combine cornstarch and pineapple juice and add this mixture gradually to the meat sauce.
7. Add green pepper and cook until it is done.
8. Serve Oriental meat balls with cooked rice.
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120.2 mg40.1%
Sodium 648.4 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet