|Whole plaice||2 , head removed and gutted|
|Lemon grass stalk||2 Large|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
|Cucumber||1 Small, sliced|
1. Grease aluminium foil using butter and keep aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, make a sharp slit at centre of fish-€™s back bone. Cut between flesh and bone and move knife outwards, creating a pocket. Follow same procedure for other fish.
3. Place 1 lemon grass stalk and 2 ginger slices in each fish pocket.
4. Coat evenly with soy sauce and place over greased foil. Seal fish ensuring that edges are not loose.
5. In a wok, keep water for boiling.
6. Place sealed fish on a steaming rack and place that rack in the wok. (Ensure water is up to rack level). Allow to boil.
7. Once boiled, reduce flame, cover with lid and steam for 15 to 20 minutes, or til fish is cooked.
8. Place steamed fish on a platter, top with sliced cucumber and lemon. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2502 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.3%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180 mg60%
Sodium 3440.6 mg143.4%
Total Carbohydrates 356 g118.7%
Dietary Fiber 39.5 g158%
Sugars 118.7 g
Protein 121 g242.2%
Vitamin A 82.4% Vitamin C 86.7%
Calcium 266.6% Iron 100%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet