Oriental Fish Ball
|White fish||1 Pound, skin and bone removed, finely chopped (450 Gram, Cod , Haddock, Coley)|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried chinese mushrooms||4 , soaked in warm water, drained and sliced|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Canned bamboo shoot pieces||2 , finely sliced|
|Chinese cabbage||1 Pound, shredded (450 Gram)|
|Dry sherry||4 Tablespoon|
1. In medium sized bowl, combine fish with 1 tablespoon soy sauce and flour. Mix well till combined.
2. Place spoonfuls of mixture on your palms and shape into balls. Keep aside.
3. In a medium sized wok, heat oil.
4. Once hot, add shaped fish balls and fry on all sides till evenly coloured.
5. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
6. In the same wok, add mushrooms and onions and mix well. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
7. Add bamboo shoots and cabbage, mix well and stir fry for 1 more minute.
8. Add sherry and remaining soy sauce and mix well.
9. Place fried fish balls on top and cover with lid. Cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Remove on to a platter and serve hot.