Nargisi Kofta Curry
|Green chillies||4 , seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Fresh ginger||1 Ounce, scrubbed and grated (25 Gram)|
|Lean minced lamb||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Chick pea flour/Plain flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required For Coating)|
|Ghee||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Bay leaf||1 Large|
|Garam masala||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can, 397 Gram)|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (As Required For Garnish)|
1) In a large bowl, combine the minced lamb, 1/2 chopped chillies, garlic, raw egg, flour and plenty of seasonings together; mix thoroughly.
2) Divide the meat mixture into 8 equal portions, shape each into a round cake and cover each hard-boiled egg completely with a portion of the meat mixture.
3) Coat the the koftas ( egg-meat ball ) with a little flour and keep aside.
4) In a wok, melt the ghee or heat the oil, fry the prepared kofta, turning gently, until evenly browned.
5) Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
6) Add the bay leaf and whole spices into the wok and stir-fry for a few minutes.
7) Stir in the rest of the chillies, onion and ginger, cook until the onion is tender but not browned.
8) Add the garam masala and stir-fry for a few minutes.
9) Stir in the tomatoes and yogurt, bring to a boil, then return the kofta to the wok.
10) Cover and simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes, turning over the kofta half-way through cooking.
11) Garnished the Nargisi Kofta Curry with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289.1 mg96.4%
Sodium 253.7 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 31 g61.4%
Vitamin A 21.3% Vitamin C 37.9%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet