Pork Kebabs with Fresh Pineapple
|Lean boneless pork||12 Ounce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1 1⁄2 Inch, peeled and minced|
|Shoyu||1 Tablespoon (Japanese Soy Sauce)|
|Sake/Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple||1⁄2 , trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
1) In a zip-lock bag, add garlic, ginger, shoyu, and sake and shake well.
2) Add in the pork and pineapple and shake well to coat with the flavours.
3) Start the coals in the grill.
4) Thread chunks of pork, pineapple, and onion onto the skewers, alternating with each till the skewer has 3 or 4 pieces of pork.
5) Grill each side over medium-hot coals for 3 to 4 minutes, turning regularly.
6) Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34 mg11.3%
Sodium 167.3 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 65.5%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet