Oriental Meat Loaf Roll
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Finely chopped mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound|
|Finely chopped water chestnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Soft whole wheat breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1) Without adding salt cook spinach according to package directions.
2) Drain the leaves well.
3) Take a sheet of wax paper and coat with cooking spraay.
4) Combine spinach, mushrooms, and water chestnuts; set aside.
5) Combine ground chuck, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, soy sauce, and ginger, stirring well.
6) Shape the mixture into 1 2- x 10-inch rectangle over the greased wax sheet.
7) Spread reserved spinach mixture over top, leaving a 1-inch margin around edges.
8) Roll up jellyroll fashion, beginning or short end and lifting wax paper to facilitate rolling procedure.
9) Pinch edges and ends together to seal; transfer roll, seam side down, to rack of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
10) Bake at 500° F for 50 to 60 minutes.
11) Let stand 10 minutes.
12) Remove the wax sheet, cut the loaf into slices and serve.
Calories 432 Calories from Fat 223
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.9 mg44.3%
Sodium 421.8 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 167.5% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet