|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Medium, scraped diagonally sliced|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Broccoli florets||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced sweet red pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Root ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Frozen english peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thawed and drained|
|Sliced water chestnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Spray a large-sized non stick skillet with the cooking spray. Add in oil and heat over medium-high flame.
2) Add in the carrots, onion, broccoli, peppers and ginger root. Saute till the vegetables become tender.
3) In a bowl, mix together eggs, egg whites, milk, soy sauce and pepper. Add in the peas and chestnuts.
4) Cook the mixture on medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
5) Carefully lift up the edges of the mixture with a spatula. Tilt the pan so that the mixture spreads out and cooks evenly.
6) Cover the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or till the mixture sets.
7) Serve the Oriental Scramble topped with cheese.