Tandoori Cornish Hens
|Cornish hens||1 Pound (4 Pieces, 6 Ounces Each)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pepper red||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. With cooking spray coat broiler pans.
2. To prepare hens remove giblets and reserve for other uses.
3. Rinse hens with cold water and pat dry.
4. Using an electric knife split each hen lengthwise.
5. Remove and discard skin and place hens, cavity side up, in a shallow dish.
6. In container of an electric blender or food processor process combining yogurt and next 6 ingredients until smooth.
7. Cover hens pouring over mixture and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
8. Arrange hens, cavity side down, on coated broiler pans and brush with yogurt mixture.
9. Broil 6 inches from heating element 7 minutes, turn and broil 5 minutes until render.
10. Transfer to a platter, garnish with cilantro, if desired and serve immediately.
Calories 184 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.4 mg25.5%
Sodium 56.9 mg2.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 21.7%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet