|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger root||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Napa chinese cabbage||1 Pound, shredded to make 4 cups|
|Mushrooms||3 Ounce, sliced (1 cup)|
|Sugar snap peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Tofu cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 inch cubes)|
|Vegetable broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Buckwheat noodles||8 Ounce (1 package, soba)|
1) Put the oil in a baking pan and add gingerroot, garlic and bell pepper. Cook for 2 minutes in Dutch oven till the bell pepper becomes tender.
2) Stir in the remaining ingredients.
3) Heat to boiling and boil for 5 minutes.
4) Cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes till the vegetables are tender.
5) Serve the Stew with rice or noodles.