Turkey Kebabs with Fresh Pineapple
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mashed|
|Turkey breast||8 Ounce, uncooked, cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Pineapple||1 , trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Mushrooms||12 , trimmed|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced into wedges|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , sliced into wide strips|
1) In a zip-lock bag, add olive oil, lemon juice and garlic.
2) Add in the turkey and gently toss to coat well in the marinade and then add in the pineapple and arrange kebabs.
3) Push through a mushroom on each skewer, then onion, turkey, pineapple, and pepper, alternating till the skewer is full. End with another mushroom.
4) Lightly brush the vegetables with the marinade and grill or broil for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Turn the skewer 3 or 4 times.
5) Serve hot with a cream-cheese dip.
Calories 211 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.6 mg8.2%
Sodium 28.4 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 11 g21.9%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 177.6%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet