Yogurt and Orange Sorbet Sherbet
|Natural yoghurt||1⁄2 Pint|
|Concentrated frozen orange juice||6 1⁄4 Ounce, thawed (1 can)|
1) In a bowl, add in the yoghurt, orange juice and sugar. Mix well.
2) In a heatproof bowl, dissolve the gelatine in water. Let it rest for a while before placing over a pan of hot water. Keep stirring till the gelatine dissolves.
3) Allow the gelatine to cool down. Slowly add it into the yoghurt mixture. Let it set for a while.
4) In a bowl, beat the egg whites stiff. Fold it into the yoghurt mixture.
5) Transfer the mixture into a rigid container. Cover with a foil. Seal, label and freeze the container.
6) Thaw the sorbet 30 minutes before serving.
7) Serve the Yoghurt and Orange Sorbet Sherbet with garnish of sectioned oranges.
Calories 85 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.2 mg1.7%
Sodium 40 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.24 g0.94%
Sugars 13.1 g
Protein 5 g10.3%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 68.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 0.87%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet