Barbecued Lamb Kabob
|Canned condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Garlic||1 Small (minced)|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaf||1⁄8 Teaspoon (crushed)|
|Thyme leaf||1 Dash|
|Leg of lamb||1 Pound (cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes)|
|Green pepper||1 Medium (cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces)|
|Onion||1 Medium (cut in 1/2 inch slices)|
1. In a large pan, tip in the soup, garlic, oil, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings and blend well.
2. Add the lamb to the pan and blend well again
3. Cover and place the pan in the refrigerator for four hours.
4. On four skewers, poke the lamb, green peppers and the onions so that they are arranged alternatively.
5. Brush the kebabs with sauce and place them on the broiler rack about 3 inches from the heat for 30 minutes or toll the meat is tender.
6. Turn the meat every 3-4 minutes till done.
7. Serve hot with salads
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76 mg25.3%
Sodium 330.1 mg13.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 24 g47.4%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet