Green Beans Oriental
|French style green beans||18 Ounce, frozen (2 packages, 9 ounces each)|
|Canned bean sprouts||19 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 can)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unblanched almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Preheat oven at 425° F.
2) In a pot, add water, salt and beans and cook for 5 minutes and drain.
3) In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, add the drained beans in alternating layers with bean sprouts, water chestnuts, and cheese.
4) In a saucepan, heat 4 tablespoons butter.
5) Add in flour, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, pepper, cayenne, and the Worcestershire.
6) Mix in the cream, and stirring continuously allow to thicken.
7) Add the sauce into the baking dish vegetables.
8) Gently lift the mix to evenly mix in the sauce.
9) Heat the remaining butter and add the almonds.
10) Add over mix and place in bake for 15 to 20 minutes, till and nuts are well browned.
11) Sprinkle with cheese and serve.