Kueh Lapis - Layered Dessert Snack
|Coconut||800 Gram, grated|
|Rice flour||400 Gram|
|Sago flour||280 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||550 Gram|
|Food coloring||1 Dash (Red and orange)|
1. Squeeze the grated coconut with 650 ml water. Top up with more water.
2. Mix the rice flour, sago flour and salt in a bowl. Pour in the coconut milk, a little at a time to get a smooth dough.
3. Boil the sugar and pandan leaves in 350 ml water for 10 minutes. Strain the syrup, and add in extra hot water to get 450 ml.
4. Add the syrup to the flour mixture. Stir till well blended.
5. Divide the mixture into 3 portions. Add red and orange food coloring to two portions.
6. Grease a baking tin. Place it in a steamer with boiling water.
7. When tin is hot, pour a layer of the colored mixture into it. Steam for about 5-8 minutes. Pour some of the uncolored mixture on top and steam again. Repeat for the next colored mixture. Continue till all the mixture is used up.
8. When all of the mixture is used up, remove tin from steamer and let kueh cool for 8 hours.
9. Cut kueh lapis into slices, serve cool.