Malaysian - Roti Canai
|Plain flour||10 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Sieve flour and salt into a bowl.
2. Add ghee and water and knead till the dough smooth.
3. Let the dough rest for about 2 to 3 hours to soften.
4. Make small balls from the dough, oil the work top with ghee and work each ball into a very thin sheet.
5. First flatten with oiled palms, now thin it again by pulling the edges.
6. Sprinkle the dough sheet with 1 tsp ghee and fold in edges, shape it into a square.
7. Now sprinkle a little flour and roll out slightly.
8. Preheat the griddle or pan, grease it well with ghee.
9. When hot, put roti on, cook for about 2 to3 minutes until golden brown.
10. Lift roti with a spatula, grease the griddle with ghee, and cook the other side.
11. Serve roti canai with choice of curry. Ideally goat curry goes very well with roti canai.
Calories 942 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.2%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.7 mg43.6%
Sodium 193.8 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g37.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet