Teriyaki Shish Kabobs
|Round steak||3 Pound, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 1 1/2 -inches thick)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||15 1⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Small whole fresh mushrooms/About 2 cups||8 Ounce (cleaned)|
|Onions||3 Medium, quartered and separated into bite-size pieces|
|Green peppers||2 Medium|
|Cherry tomatoes||3⁄4 Pound|
|Light golden brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (firmly-packed)|
|Catsup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), finely chopped|
|Ground ginger||2 Teaspoon|
1. Drain the juice of the pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup.
2. Refrigerate pineapple chunks until required.
3. In a bowl, combine the pineapple liquid with remaining ingredients for the marinade and blend well.
4. Place the meat, mushrooms, onions and pepers in a non-metallic dish. Pour the marinade on top.
5. Mix well, cover and refrigerate the beef. Let marinate for 2 to 3 hours or more, stirring the meat occasionally.
6. Season 12 bamboo skewers in lukewarm water for at least 30 minutes or use metal ones.
7. Prepare a barbecue or preheat the broiler or grill.
8. Drain the meat and vegetables from the marinade.
9. Thread beef, pineapple chunks and vegetables alternately on skewers, allowing 3 pieces of meat for each skewer.
10. Brush with marinade and season lightly with salt and pepper if you like.
11. Grill or broil 3 inches from heat source for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, turning and basting frequently until meat is done to preferred degree of doneness and vegetables are lightly charred.
12. Heat the remaining marinade.
13. Serve the Kebabs immediately with a marinade sauce or over rice with sauce spooned on top.