Mint Lamb Kebabs
|Lean lamb||12 Ounce, cubed (350 Gram)|
|Onion||1 , cut into chunks|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and cut into chunks|
|Courgette||1 , sliced|
|Button mushrooms||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Mint sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
|For mint yogurt sauce:|
|Low fat natural yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cucumber||6 Ounce, peeled (175 Gram)|
|Fresh mint||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) To make the sauce, place the yogurt in a bowl.
2) Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon.
3) Cut the cucumber flesh into dices.
4) Chop the mint.
5) Trim the excess fat from lamb.
6) Preheat the grill.
7) Stir the diced cucumber into the yogurt with the chopped mint.
8) Season the yogurt well with pepper.
9) Cover the ygurt and refrigerate until required.
10) On 4 skewers, thread the lamb, onion, pepper, courgette and mushrooms, dividing evenly between the skewers.
11) When ready to cook the kebabs, remove a quarter of the mint yogurt sauce to a small bowl and place the remaining sauce to the refrigerator.
12) On a grill pan, place the kebabs and brush with a little of the yogurt sauce.
13) Under a preheated hot grill place the skewers for 15-20 minutes, turning the kebabs occasionally and brushing with yogurt sauce.
14) Garnish the kebabs with mint sprigs and serve with the reserved chilled yogurt sauce, salad and boiled brown rice.