Flank Steak Oriental
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried onion flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, chopped or crushed|
|Powdered ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Artificial sweetener||To Taste|
|Flank steak||2 Pound|
1) Cut of all the visible fat from the steak.
2) In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, vinegar, onion flakes, garlic, ginger and sweetener.
3) Place the steak in a glass bowl and marinate with the soy sauce mixture for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
4) Pour off the marinade.
5) Grill the marinated steak 3 inch above the gloving coals of barbecue for 6 to 8 minutes or until rare or medium rare doneness.
6) Baste occasionally with the marinade and flip as required.
7) Cut the steak on the grain for serving and season with salt and pepper.
8) Serve hot on flat serving plate.