Turkey Salad Oriental
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Turkey||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed and cooked|
|Pitted black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Hard-cooked eggs||3 , quartered (Salad Greens- 1 Quart Mixed, In 1 1/2-Inch Pieces)|
|Mixed salad greens||1 Quart, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces|
1. Prepare the dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a large jar. Mix well till completely combined.
2. Wash the water chestnuts and then slice the nuts lengthwise into thirds.
3. In a medium bowl, place the chestnuts, turkey and olives and mix well.
4. Pour the dressing over the turkey mixture and toss lightly to coat
5. Chill covered for 3 hours
6. Toss the onions and the salad greens with the turkey mixture and garnish with the hard cooked eggs before serving.
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.8%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 149.7 mg49.9%
Sodium 370.1 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 48.8% Vitamin C 61.2%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet