Barbecued Cheese Frank Kebabs
|Cheese frankfurters||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Zucchini||4 Ounce (1 Small One)|
|Yellow squash||4 Ounce (1 Small One)|
|Whole onions||14 Ounce, drained (1 Jar)|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Prepare outdoor grill for barbecuing, or preheat indoor grill or broiler.
2. In a pan of cold water, soak bamboo skewers at least 15 minutes to keep them from charring.
3. Cut frankfurters crosswise in thirds.
4. Cut zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4 inch slices.
5. Drain skewers and on each skewer alternately thread frankfurters with zucchini, yellow squash and onions.
6. Brush kebabs with barbecue sauce and grill 4 inches above medium coals, 12 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice and brushing generously with barbecue sauce.
7. Place 5 kebabs on each disposable broiler pan and broil, 6 inches from heat, 8 minutes.
8. Turn kebabs, brush with remaining barbecue sauce and broil 5 minutes longer until vegetables are fork-tender.
9. If necessary, broil one pan of kebabs at a time with cover and keep warm while broiling second pan.
10. Serve the kebabs spooning around cooked gravy on a serving platter.