Meat Stuffed Marrow
|Cooked minced meat/Pork sausage meat||1⁄2 Pound (Beef / Pork / Ham)|
|White breadcrumbs||2 Ounce|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Herbs/Other flavorings||1 Ounce|
|Dripping||2 Ounce (For Baking)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 5 or 350°F.
2. Clean the marrow, peel thickly. You may cut it in rings 1 to 1 1/2 inch deep, or you may cut marrow in half lengthways. Scoop out seeds with a spoon.
3. Using a knife. Skin and chop onion finely.
4. Prepare the fillings: Heat a small saucepan and melt margarine. Saute onion gently until golden brown. Take away from heat; put in minced meat, breadcrumbs, seasoning and skinned chopped tomato, or chopped herbs.
5. You can now fill marrow rings; or fill half the marrow, and keep the second half above it.
6. In a baking tin, melt drippings. Keep stuffed marrow in hot fat and baste well.
7. Bake half way down the oven for 3/4 to 1 hour, or until marrow is soft when pierced with a fork and golden brown.
8. Transfer on to a hot serving dish carefully.
9. Decorate with sliced tomato or parsley.
9. Serve hot with brown sauce, served by the side.