Roast Lamby Middle Eastern Style
|Leg lamb||5 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Green onions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Fresh mint||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Small Bunch)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Remove excess fat from the malb, leaving only a very thin layer.
3) In a shallow, roasting pan, place the lamb with its trimmed side up, on the rack.
4) Chop the onions, whole lemon and mint leaves with a teaspoon of salt and pepper. Keep aside 1/4 cup of the mixture.
5) Slather the rest of the mixture, by pressing in, onto the lamb. Place it on a roasting pan and roast for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Baste the lamb several times with the pan liquid. If you want medium-done meat, roast for 30 more minutes.
6) Remove the lamb onto a heated platter. Sprinkle some green onion mixture on top. Keep warm.
7) Strain the liquid from the roasting into a 4-cup measurer. Let stand for 5 minutes. Skim the fat surface off. Add the liquid back into the roasting pan and let it boil.
8) Mix flour in 1/2 cup cold water and make a smooth paste. Add in to the mixture and stir till the latter starts to bubble and thicken.
9) Add in 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well.
10) Serve the Roast Lamby Middle Eastern Style on a hot gravy boat, garnished with green onions and lemon wedges.