Chicken Kebabs With Honey Mustard Sauce
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon (e.g., sauvignon blanc)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the honey, mustard, white wine, olive oil, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Remove about 1/4 cup of the sauce to a clean bowl and set aside for serving.
2. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes and place the cubes in the sauce. Marinade the chicken at room temperature for 15 minutes or cover and place in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
3. When ready to cook, position an oven rack about 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat the broiler.
4. Skewer the chicken so that the pieces are about 1/2-inch apart. (The chicken will cook more evenly if there is space between the pieces.) Leave room on either end of the skewer for turning and handling. Place the skewers on a broiler pan or baking sheet; they can be close together but not touching. Discard any marinade remaining in the bowl.
5. Place the chicken skewers under the broiler and broil for 4 minutes on one side. Turn the skewers over and cook for 3 minutes more or until cooked through.
6. Serve immediately with the remaining sauce drizzled over the chicken.