|Frying chicken||3 Pound, disjointed (1 chicken)|
|Lemon||1 , freshly squeezed|
|Soy sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Bell's)|
|Ginger||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (to dredge)|
|Fat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for frying)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken, drain and pat dry on paper toweling.
2. Combine the chicken and onions in a large basin.
3. In a bowl, blend the lemon juice, soy sauce, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper and ginger.
4. Pour the mixture over the chicken and onions and toss to coat.
5. Cover and refrigerate the chicken, allowing it to marinate for at least 4 hours or preferable overnight.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degree F.
7. Drain the chicken pieces from the marinade and dredge them with flour.
8. In a large casserole, heat the fat.
9. Add the flour chicken pieces and brown them evenly.
10. Add the onions and marinade to the casserole and sautÃ© for a few minutes.
11. Pour water and stir well.
12. Cover the casserole and transfer it to the oven or let simmer on the stove for 45 to 45 minutes or until the chicken is tender and juices run clear.
13. Serve the chicken hot over cooked rice.