Making Shish Kabobs
|Chicken breast||2 , cubed|
|Country style beef/Beef cubes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Tomato||1 , wedged|
|Non stick spray||4 Dash|
|For chicken marinade|
|Jamaican jerk seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken rub||1 Tablespoon (Spice Club Chicken Rub)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For beef marinade|
|Liquid smoke||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Hickory liquid smoke)|
|Accent seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Fajita seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. For Beef – In a large bowl, add in the liquid smoke, accent seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, fajita seasoning, marjoram, olive oil and Worcestershire sauce. Mix all the ingredients and add in the beef.
2. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. For Chicken – In a large bowl, add in the Jamaican jerk seasoning, chicken rub and olive oil. Mix well and add in the chicken.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap then place into refrigerator for 2 hours.
5. In a skewer place the beef, followed by pepper, onion, chicken, pepper, onion, mushroom, pepper and sliced onion. Continue the sequence until you get an inch from the top of the skewer. Top the skewers with the tomato. Repeat the process with rest of the ingredients.
6. Spray the shish kabobs with non – stick spray and place over the grill.
7. Flip the shish kabobs on all sides to ensure even cooking. Grill until meat reaches an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
8. Serve Shish Kebabs with rice pilaf.
If you can't grill shish kabobs then place shish kabobs on a large sprayed baking pan then place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until meats reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees.