Chinese Hot Sour Soup
|Boneless lean pork||4 Ounce|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|White pepper/Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Green onion curls||3 (For Garnishing)|
1. Freeze the meat partially to make it easier for slicing.
2. Slice pork thinly into bite-size pieces.
3. In a saucepan cook pork pieces in hot oil till lightly browned; drain and set aside.
4. In the same saucepan boil chicken broth; add pork, bamboo snoots, and mushrooms and simmer for about5 minutes.
5. Add vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper.
6. Stir in the cornstarch and water.
7. Continue to cook, stirring continuously till the soup is slightly thick and bubbly.
8. Pour in the broth and the beaten egg into the center of swirl.
9. Cook and stir for about a minute more.
10. Arrange the soup into four serving bowls.
11. Garnish each serving with a green onion fan and serve immediately.