Indonesian Mixed Salad With Pineapple
|Carrots||2 Medium, cut into julienne strips|
|Firm tofu cakes||2 (Chinese Style)|
|Canned unsweetened pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, drained and 1/4 cup of the juice reserved (1 Can)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Crunchy peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||2 Teaspoon (Use According To Taste)|
|Kirby cucumbers||3 , cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm), tough stems removed to make about 4 cups|
1) In a medium saucepan of boiling salted water, place the carrots to blanch until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well.
2) In a large saucepan of water, place the tofu and simmer for 10 minutes.
3) With a slotted spoon, remove the tofu from water. Wrap in a kitchen towel and let drain for 15 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch dice.
4) In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, peanut butter, sugar, salt and hot pepper.
5) In a small salad bowl, add carrots, bean curd, pineapple, cucumbers and watercress to toss lightly. Drizzle with the dressing and toss again to coat evenly.
6) Serve the salad at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Steps 1-4, can be made ahead. Refrigerate the carrots and tofu separately.
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g12.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 523.9 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 80.4% Vitamin C 25.8%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet