|Bacon||1 Pound, sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Canned mushrooms||6 Ounce, broiled and sliced (1 Can Or 1 1/3 Cup)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned bean sprouts||16 Ounce, drained to make 1 cup (1 Can)|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. In a pan cook bacon till crisp, remove and drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
2. In the drippings in the pan cook onion and celery till tender but not brown.
3. Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid and add water to liquid to make 1 1/2 cups.
4. In 1/4 cup cold water dissolve cornstarch, combine with mushroom liquid, soy sauce, salt and pepper and add to onion and celery.
5. Cook stirring till mixture is thickened and bubbly.
6. Stir in mushrooms, bean sprouts and green pepper and heat through.
7. Crumble bacon over top and serve with hot rice.
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.2%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg5%
Sodium 524.4 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 2.8% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet