Oriental Pineapple Chicken Wings
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple slices||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, reserve syrup (1 can)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Diagonally sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||4 , diagonally sliced|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, halved (1 can)|
|Canned bean sprouts||16 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 can)|
|Toasted blanched almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. To prepare the chicken wings remove and discard tips and cut wings in half at joint.
2. In a bowl mix mono-sodium glutamate and ginger and toss the chicken in it.
3. In a large heavy skillet heat garlic and oil and brown chicken wings.
4. To reserved pineapple syrup add enough chicken broth to make 1 2/3 cups and gradually pour into skillet.
5. With cover simmer 15 minutes until wings are tender.
6. Push wings to side of skillet and stir in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar and cornstarch.
7. Add celery and green onions bring to boiling and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
8. Mix in water chestnuts, bean sprouts, almonds and 2 pineapple slices.
9. Through the mixture move chicken wings and heat thoroughly.
10. To serve into a heated serving dish place the chicken wings and garnish top with remaining pineapple slices.
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg22.2%
Sodium 2357.8 mg98.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 49.4%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet