Saffron Lamb Kabobs
|Saffron threads||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling beef stock||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 cup / 125 milliliter)|
|Dry red wine/White wine||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 cup / 125 milliliter)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lean boneless lamb||2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes (1 kilogram)|
1. In a large bowl, place the beef stock and the saffron strands and let it stand for 30 minutes
2. Add the wine, oil, cardamom, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix well again. Add the meat to the bowl and toss well to combine.
3. Set the meat aside to chill for 3 hours till required
4. Prepare the grill and place an oiled grill rack 4-6 inches from the heat
5. Remove the meat from the marinade and drain the marinade.
6. Pat the meat dray and then thread the meat onto the skewers.
7. Arrange the meat on the grills and turn the meat regularly to ensure that it is cooked. Baste occasionally during the cooking process. The entire cooking process will take 8 minutes.
8. Serve hot with sour cream and salad.
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.6%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 136.1 mg45.4%
Sodium 399.9 mg16.7%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 46 g91.9%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet