|Lamb leg||3 Pound, boned|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Red wine/1 1/2 cups pomegranate juice, fresh or bottled||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Slice the lamb into 1 1/2-inch thickness and 2-inch square. Remove all the excess fat from the meat.
2) Set aside a little fat and slice it up fine.
3) In a bowl, add the lamb pieces along with the onion and garlic. Mix well.
4) In 1/3 cup water, add the vinegar. Pour wine and sprinkle with salt. Allow the mixture to come to boil. Let cool.
5) Once cooled, pour the wine and vinegar mixture over the lamb pieces. If using pomegranate juice, pour into the meat mixture.
6) Place the bowl in a cool, dry place for about 4 hours.
7) Take out a lamb piece, dry gently and brush it with oil.
8) Push the meat pieces into a skewer. Slide in a slice of lamb fat between every two pieces of meat. Thread 4 lamb pieces on each skewer.
9) At the end of a skewer, thread a bread piece to prevent the meat from falling off the skewer. Brush the bread with a little oil as well.
10) Sprinkle the meat with pepper and broil for about 20 minutes under intense heat. Baste the pieces with the lamb juice while turning the skewer over.
11) Slide the lamb pieces from the skewer onto a warm serving plate. Serve hot.
Calories 690 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.5%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.3 mg57.4%
Sodium 158.4 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 42 g83.8%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet